Business Owners Insurance (BOP)
A Package of Protection for Your Practice or Business
Your business faces many risks - A fire damages your building or equipment or a customer falls in your office & sues your business.
That’s why it’s important to have a strong Business Owners Policy, a policy that combines many different coverages.
A typical BOP policy provides coverage for:
- Property coverage on the building (if you own the building)
- Property coverage on the contents of the building
- Business liability coverage, which provides you with a legal defense against a liability claim, and then covers (up to the policy limit) a judgment against you or a settlement that is covered by the policy.
Customize your policy
There are also many optional coverages available so you can customize your policy to fit your needs. The Hartford’s Business Owners Policy, which many of our physician and attorney customers select, provides many of the options that are of particular importance to professional practices, such as:
- Additional limits for Computers and Media, in the event that there is virus damage to computer equipment, software, or data -- a growing concern to our physician customers who have transitioned to electronic health records.
- Additional coverage for laptop computers.
- Various limits of Business Income coverage, which helps make up for lost income when a practice cannot see patients because the office has been damaged in a covered loss.
- Excess Umbrella Liability coverage can be added to the policy.
- Coverage for specialized equipment, such as MRIs and CT scans, and coverage for Equipment Breakdown.
- Coverage for Spoilage of Perishable Medicines and Medical Supplies.
The Sellers & Co. Advantage
At Sellers & Co., we help many businesses obtain Business Owners insurance. We work with medical and law practices across New York State for this coverage. (Certain areas of the state may require special underwriting approval.) Accordingly, we understand the various risks and challenges facing professional offices today and can assist your practice in selecting the coverage it needs.
(Information provided is a summary only. For complete terms and limitations, please refer to the applicable Certificate or Policy of Insurance. Specimen copies available upon request.)