Charles J. Sellers and Company is a fourth generation family-owned business that is celebrating 100 years of serving the NYS Market in 2020. We are a leader in Professional Group Insurance and write many lines of coverage across NYS.
The following positions are currently open and we are accepting applications.
We are hiring an enthusiastic and organized Property and Casualty Customer Service Representative to join our team!
A typical day will include:
- Working cohesively with the P&C team
- Working closely with our sales team to process new business and quote personal lines applications
- Assisting with commercial lines customer service as needed
- Providing excellent customer service
- Documenting all communication with customers and companies in our contact management system
- Contacting carriers to process changes to existing policies
- Issuing binders & Certificates of Insurance
- Assistance with reception desk coverage
- Must be available to work M-F (8:30AM-5PM)
- Success in insurance or related field very desirable
- P&C Licensed candidate a plus
- Reliability essential
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a team setting while also being personally motivated
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience with EPIC Agency Management Software a plus
- Home Internet Connection and phone access for work from home as needed
Perks and Benefits:
- You will work for a company with 100 years of experience and integrity
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits such as health and dental insurance
- Ongoing training and support from managers
- We will cover the cost of licensing and classes to maintain licenses
- Paid vacation time and holidays
- 401K Plan with Roth Investment option
- Option to contribute to 529 College Savings Plan through payroll deduction
- Being involved in community activities
- Opportunity to grow within your role
"It's close to home and free parking! But most of all I enjoy the family atmosphere and friendships I have made."
~Norma C., Senior Claims Rep, Admin. Asst. to Thomas Sellers
"I enjoy the people I work with and cherish the many friendships I have made."
~Barbara R., Senior Customer Sales Representative
"I really enjoy the people I work with. I have formed many treasured friendships over the years."
~Jennifer S., Senior Field Sales Representative
"The people are truly wonderful to work for and to work with. Very helpful and patient. The work is interesting. I get to be creative and work normal hours."
~Mary H., Administrative Assistant to Charles J. Sellers, III.
"I very much enjoy the congenial atmosphere and working with people dedicated to excellence. I also LOVE my new found work/life balance which allows me to spend more time with family."
~Tamara M., Customer Service Representative
"I love the challenge that every day brings here in the office. The people are great and I count many as my friends."
~Andrea P., Underwriting Supervisor