Charles J. Sellers and Company is a fourth generation family-owned business that is celebrating 100 years of serving the NYS Market in 2020. We are a leader in Professional Group Insurance and write many lines of coverage across NYS.
We are hiring an organized and team focused Life and Disability Claims Examiner to join our team!
A typical day will include:
- Working cohesively with the Claims Team
- Conducting initial claimant interview and triage of claim handling
- Providing excellent customer service
- Providing medical reviews for Claims and Underwriting Departments
- Review underwriting action plans for Disability Income and Overhead applications
- Interacting with claimants, attending physicians, claims examiners and claims manager as well as insurance carriers relating to claim case management
- Documenting all communication with customers and companies in our contact management system
- Assistance with reception desk coverage during initial training period and office-wide initiatives as needed
- RN, LPN, or related degree and minimum of 5 years required
- Full time and part time applicants considered
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a team setting while also being personally motivated
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Experience with EPIC Agency Management Software a plus
- Home internet connection and phone access for work from home as needed
Perks and Benefits:
- You will work for a company with over 100 years of experience and integrity
- Flexible schedule and competitive salary
- Paid holidays and vacation time (@30h/week)
- Benefits such as health, dental, and short term disability insurance
- Employer paid life insurance (@30H/week)
- Ongoing training and support from managers
- 401K Plan with Roth Investment option and immediate vesting
- Option to contribute to 529 College Savings Plan through payroll deduction
- Being involved in community activities
- Opportunity to grow within your role
To apply for this position, please use the following link:
"It's close to home and free parking! But most of all I enjoy the family atmosphere and friendships I have made."
~Norma C., Senior Claims Rep, Admin. Asst. to Thomas Sellers
"I enjoy the people I work with and cherish the many friendships I have made."
~Barbara R., Senior Customer Sales Representative
"I really enjoy the people I work with. I have formed many treasured friendships over the years."
~Jennifer S., Senior Field Sales Representative
"The people are truly wonderful to work for and to work with. Very helpful and patient. The work is interesting. I get to be creative and work normal hours."
~Mary H., Administrative Assistant to Charles J. Sellers, III.
"I very much enjoy the congenial atmosphere and working with people dedicated to excellence. I also LOVE my new found work/life balance which allows me to spend more time with family."
~Tamara M., Customer Service Representative
"I love the challenge that every day brings here in the office. The people are great and I count many as my friends."
~Andrea P., Underwriting Supervisor