Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance
Why Purchase LTC Insurance?
- With Americans living longer, the need for long term care is high. 70% of people turning 65 can expect to use some form of long term care during their lives.*
- The cost of long term care continues to increase each year. LTC Insurance can help cover these costs. The average cost of care in a nursing home in Western New York is $132,648/year. In the Long Island area, it is $166,008/year.** Click this link https://nyspltc.health.ny.gov/rates.htm to find the cost of care in your area.
- Caregiving is not a short-term proposition: While almost half of caregivers have been providing care for their loved ones for more than three years, one in four has been doing it for five or more years.***
- LTC Insurance can help ease the financial, emotional, and physical strain your care can put on your loved ones.
- LTC Insurance can help you maintain your freedom and give you the control to determine how and where you receive care.
- LTC Insurance can help to protect the assets you have worked so hard to build.
Important Features of our Endorsed LTC Insurance:
- 5% savings for eligible Medical Society members and their partners
- 25% savings when you and your partner are both issued a policy
- 15% savings when you and your partner both apply, and one policy is issued
- 13% savings for a preferred health rating
- Receive up to 40% of your monthly benefit as a Cash Benefit with no elimination period
- Tax Qualified, which affords you tax advantages including a state tax credit of up to 20%, as well as federal tax deductions based on age
- High monthly benefit and policy limits available with a variety of inflation protection options
- Built in Care Coordinator, Respite Care, and an International Benefit
*2019 US Department of Health and Human Services, www.longtermcare.gov
**2021 New York State Partnership for Long Term Care, https://nyspltc.health.ny.gov/rates.htm
Information provided is a summary only. For complete terms and limitations, please refer to the applicable Certificate or Policy of Insurance. Specimen copies available upon request.